Getting started with Puppet
Getting Started with Puppet is a three-day course with a practical approach. The course is designed for users who are new to managing their infrastructure with Puppet’s products.
€1,890 plus legal VAT
Monday 11.11.2019 – Wednesday 13.11.2019
- The corresponding training in a fully equipped training room with a physical computer and possibly several virtual systems for each participant.
- Training documents
- Lunch and meals during the training course
- Use of the WLAN in the training room
Arrival and Hotel
Once this course is complete, students will be able to implement basic system configurations with best practices for Puppet into a master agent setup.
- How to set up a Puppet development environment
- How to control an unmanaged IT infrastructure
- How and when to perform ad hoc tasks with Bolt and Puppet Tasks.
- How and when should the system state be managed with the help of Puppet modules?
- How to manage Windows and Linux servers with a common Puppet code base.
- How to find, download, wrap and use Puppet Modules from the Puppet Forge.
- How to classify test nodes to enforce configuration
- How to collect and analyze results in the Enterprise Console
- Overview of Puppet Products
- Explore the Puppet Enterprise Console.
- Running Puppet Discovery
- Running Puppet Bolt And Tasks
- Puppet Task Plans
- Declarations and Imperative Concepts in Puppet
- Setting Up your Test Environment
- Understanding the Lifecycle of a Puppet Agent Run
- Use of Puppet Modules from the Forge
- Create Wrapper Modules
- Simple Module Tests
- Create Role and Profile Modules
- Create a Baseline with Puppet
- Create and Adopt Parameters into the Baseline
- Define an Application Stack with Puppet.
Getting Started with Puppet provides a quick way to control your IT environment with Puppet, Puppet Discovery, Tasks and Bolt, the Puppet Development Kit (PDK) and the Puppet Forge. This gives you the tools and resources to automate your Infrastructure and get it up and running faster than ever before.
Unless otherwise stated, the training courses will take place at the premises of ATIX AG, Parkring 15, 85748 Garching near Munich. Please note that our training courses are designed for a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 8 participants. If there are less than 4 registered participants, we reserve the right to cancel the training up to 2 weeks before the start.
If you have any questions about dates, venues or wishes, please contact us directly.
Phone: +49 89 4523538-0