What is configuration management?
Where is configuration management used in IT?
Each server has configurations for services and applications. These must be documented and maintained. To avoid interference and outages while still managing a large Number of servers with their configurations, we recommend configuration management tools. This allows configurations to be mapped and applied in hierarchy levels.
How do we support You?
- When selecting the right configuration management tool
- When implementing an automation solution in your environment
- Training to prepare you and your colleagues to use the appropriate tools in your company
What are the benefits of configuration management?
- Automated roll-out: On a particular server group, does a parameter need to be changed? Change it in central management and all servers take over the changes on their own and automatically.
- Clarity: All configurations are centrally stored and managed — this allows configuration parameters to be found and adjusted quickly.
- Standardization: For standardized server groups, configurations can also be grouped across multiple hierarchy levels.
- Transparency: Configuration changes are made visible and provide feedback on whether all updates have been successfully adopted.
How do we implement automated configuration management?
How can we help?
This post is also available in: German