What is automated server deployment?
Where are automated server deployments used?
For a reproducible infrastructure, the rolling-out of servers is standardized and automated in conjunction with lifecycle management. This enables the problem-free extension of existing structures with the same software and package status. Reproducibility also has advantages in test environments for simulating error scenarios. Server deployments aim to also control the central deployment of the servers from a single location, making direct access to the server in question no longer necessary.
How can we help you ?
- Selecting the right tools for your desired deployment
- When configuring the deployment processes
- Integration of deployment processes in your IT infrastructure
- With training and education on the corresponding tools
What are the benefits of automated server deployments?
- Standardization: Servers can always be set up identically and have the same software and package status in conjunction with lifecycle management.
- Automation: The installation of a new server runs automatically without having to access the server directly.
- Reproducibility: Automated and standardized processes can be repeated and always deliver the same result.
How do we implement automated server deployments?
- Easy creation of repositories
- Deployment (e.g. via VMware)
- Subscription Management
- Lifecycle Management / Release Management
- Patch Management
- REST API
- One console for all types of systems (physical, virtual, mainframe, desktop, …)
- Inventory & Auditing
- Integration with SUSE Customer Center
- Integration of SLES-based clients
- Own products or content views
- No forced binding to a Linux distribution
- API integration in 3rd party scripts and management suites possible
How can we help?
This post is also available in: German