The orcharhino Appliance for VMware is a pre-configured orcharhino that is already pre-installed in a virtual machine and can be adapted to your own needs with little effort. The appliance is based on a CentOS 7 Linux and comes as an OVA (Open Virtual Appliance / Open Virtual Archive)package.
Since the operating system and the orcharhino software are already packaged in an executable format with our appliance, basic installation and configuration are not required.
You can use the appliance for both demo and productive operations. In our download area you will always find the latest version of the orcharhino
appliance. To install, you need an “Activation Key”. You will ask for this in the course of the download and receive it.
In your VMware environment, you can then simply click on the menu itemto install the orcharhino appliance.
In the course of the OVF Deploy process, you will then be asked for important information regarding network, hostnames, activation key, etc.
You should have this information ready for this:
- Activation Key: The orcharhino key you received from ATIX AG.
- Hostname: The host name of your orcharhino installation
- Network: Network information regarding IP address, subnet, gateway and DNS
- Proxy Settings: If direct Internet access is not possible on your network, you can enter your proxy server here.
- Root Password: This sets the root password for your appliance.
- Disk properties: Here you have the option to set the disk size individually.
A detailed installation guide can also be found here.